By Farmer Ross
I am so excited to announce the creation of the Harvest Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. What is a CSA? We are so glad you asked! A CSA is a subscription that provides locally grown produce. By providing locally grown produce (often from right here in Harvest), we are able to build a stronger community around what it means to support local agriculture for the health of ourselves, our families, and our planet.
The Harvest CSA is a monthly subscription offered to Harvest residents only. Each week, members/shares of the CSA will recieve a ‘share’ of produce from Farmer Ross. Depending on the share size, it will be 5-8 items, and because I am partnering with other local farmers, I’ll be able to provide a variety of produce to always keep it interesting. Some items that will be included are:
- Various Lettuces (Salad Mixes, cabbages, romaine, etc.)
- Beets (Golden, Candy-stripe, purple)
- Squash (yellow, zucchini)
- Tomatoes (slicer and cherry)
- Mushrooms (Oyster & Shiitake)
- Melons (Cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew)
- and so much more!
The offerings will depend on what is in season here in the area.
Due to the high interest in joining this CSA, we are only accepting a limited number of members/shares. If you are interested, please sign-up! With enrollment, you will receive (2) custom Harvest canvas tote bags.
How it works:
- Each Friday, Misty Moon Farms will deliver a tote bag filled with a share of produce to your front porch.
- The following Friday, place the tote bag on your porch and Misty Moon Farms will pick it up when they deliver the new share of produce.
- If you are out of town or unable to receive produce, you can simply contact Misty Moon Farms and we will stop delivery for that week.
- The Harvest CSA is a month-to-month subscription.
Please note: The set-up payment is to help cover the investment of high-quality, sustainable, and reusable cloth tote bags given to each family
Farm Fresh produce delivered weekly to your door, what could be better? We are growing the food, or working directly with farmers, so that you will be getting the highest quality food for the best possible price.
This is such an exciting endeavor as we deepen the roots of the Harvest community into supporting local agriculture. Please contact me with any questions you may have.