“The Northlake Police Department strives to create a quality environment by partnering with and serving our community through efficient and effective police services for those who live, work, visit or pass through our community.”
Currently crime remains low in the community and we want to keep it that way! Criminals are very opportunistic and below are a few ways you can help keep the crime rate low and keep you and your property safe.
- Get to know your neighbors. Although the police patrol the area frequently, we can’t be everywhere at the same time. The more watchful eyes out there the better.
- Lock your doors (vehicle and residence). A majority of motor vehicle burglaries are due to people not locking their car doors and thieves taking advantage of the lack of security.
- Remove valuables from your vehicle and take inside – phones, computers, guns, wallets, etc. If you don’t take them inside, place them in your trunk. If the thieves see nothing in the vehicle, they are more likely to move on. It may be inconvenient at the time, but will be worth it in the long run.
- Keep your blinds closed when not at home. Another opportunity for thieves to see what you have inside your home.
- Report everything to the Police. You may think it was not a big deal that someone stole some insignificant item from your vehicle, garage, or home, but there may have been other victims that lost something of value. Additionally, we want to find the people responsible for committing the criminal acts and limit the amount of criminal activity that occurs.
- Call 911. The fastest way to get an Officer to respond is by calling 911. The Denton County Sheriff’s Office Communication Division has direct contact with our Officers and can get them to your location quickly.
Although we cannot rid society of crime all together, we can take the necessary steps to reduce the amount of crime that occurs in our community. With your help, we can continue to keep the crime low and our relationship strong!